Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules (“Rules”). By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules.
- The “Promoters” of the Competition are Just Trays Ltd (“JT”) whose registered office is at Units and Whitehall Industrial Estate Ashfield Way Leeds LS12 5JB, Bristan Group Ltd (“Bristan”) whose registered office is at Pooley Hall Drive Birch Coppice Business Park Dordon Tamworth B78 1SG and Wolseley UK Ltd trading as Plumb Center (“Plumb Center”) whose registered office is at The Wolseley Center, Harrison Way, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 3HH
- The Promoters reserves all rights to cancel or amend the Competition and these terms without notice at any time. Any changes to the Competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Promoters
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoters shall be full and final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- To qualify to enter the Competition, the entrant must be resident in the United Kingdom. The address provided with the competition entry (“Entry”) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of the Promoters, any supplier that the Promoters deems to be too closely connected to the Promoters or any company involved in the competition (including any advertising agency or website development company connected with the Competition or any subsidiary or associated companies of the same) are not eligible to enter the competition. The Promoters reserve the right not to award the prize (and to select an alternative winner) if the Promoters are aware or has reasonable grounds to suspect that a winner is not eligible for these reasons.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over
- By entering the competition, the entrant hereby warrants that all the information submitted in the entry is true, accurate and complete in every aspect. The Promoters reserves the right to verify any information contained in the Entry and/or the entrant’s eligibility to enter the Competition.
- The Promoters reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached these Rules.
- Only one entry per person is permitted and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner is selected and the Promoters discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, the Promoters reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- The closing date (“Closing Date”) for Entries is midnight on June 29th 2018. Any entries received after the closing date will automatically disqualify the Entry.
- The Promoters accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.plumberoftheyear.co.uk/how-to-apply
Selection Criteria and Prizes
- Following the Closing Date a panel of judges, as appointed by the Promoters, (“Panel”) will shortlist entrants by region with regional finalists being selected by the Panel. The regional finalists will be contacted directly and, if shortlisted, the entrant agrees to attend an interview by the Panel. It is expected that the interviews will take place in July/August 2018.
- Following the interviews, a winner will be selected by the Panel.
- The prize winner will be notified directly via email using the details provided by the entrant in the Entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize and select an alternative winner. The winner is expected to be announced during September/October 2018
- The prizes are as stated on the website at http://www.plumberoftheyear.co.uk/this-years-prizes and the Promoters reserve to right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time in its sole discretion. The Promoters are not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- Prizes are awarded at the Promoters’ discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers and other expenses as the case may be are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- Any images shown are for illustration purposes only.
- The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- The Promoters accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- Whilst every care has been taken to ensure that the information provided about the Competition is accurate at the time of printing, the Promoters do not guarantee that this information is complete or accurate and reserve the right to revise it at any time.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Entrants shall not nominate a third party, or submit any photographs of any individual persons with their Entry, without obtaining prior written consent.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material (either on paper or on-line) for the purpose of promotion of the Competition.
- Any personal data that the entrant provides will be held by the Promoters under the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be shared with any third parties without consent.
- By completing the online registration form and providing your contact details, you consent to the UK Plumber of the Year sending you news, offers and details of products and services which it feels may be of interest to you. You can opt out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE”
- All entrants agree to receive publicity information from the Promoters from time to time. If you wish to be removed from the database for publicity, please email email@example.com
- Personal data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoters for up to 6 months after the Competition closes.
- The Competition and the Rules will be governed by English law and disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform. The entrant is providing information to the Promoters and not to any other party.
How to contact us
- Entrants can contact us in relation to the Competition by writing to 2018 Plumber of the Year, Just Trays Ltd, Units 1-4 Whitehall Industrial Estate, Ashfield Way, Leeds, LS12 5JB.
Official Judging Partner